verse of the day

Monday 19 July 2010

Look up.[ Psalm 121 av ]

Another thought on Psalms 42/43, and this aspect of hoping in God, now the context of the Psalms, David is feeling cast down, many things were against him. Lets consider the following. [1] The inward look ,he was cast down,dark depression had engulfed his mind,and he was continually crying[2] .Next the outward look ,this is why he was cast down, things looked bad, people where against him, he felt isolated ,could not get to church.[3] Next the backward look , v4, I remember the good times, I used to have, and this only increased his pain so all is despair and gloom. [4] But then he has the upward look,Hope thou in God, he declares, or as the NLT puts it,I will put my hope in God. Today you may be facing many difficulties,you may be shedding many tears, you feel alone and isolated, look up ,your help comes from the Lord , He has not forsaken you, and He will come to you aid, so look up. [ Dear God help me to look up to You , and come to my aid ,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: