verse of the day

Sunday 4 July 2010

Feet of clay. [Romans 3 v23/6 v23 ]

One of my all time favourite radio programs is ,Desert Island Disc, I usually listen to it in my car, it is often very revealing, as to those who appear on it. The latest one I heard had a famous footballer ,sharing his favourite music, and his personal history, I really admired his honesty. This footballer had played for a top football club, and his country, humanly speaking he had it made, I am sure he was the idol of many, yet he admitted to feeling very insecure, and afraid all his life, he was a recovering alcoholic, been sent to prison for drunk driving. The fact of the matter is, those people who are rich and famous ,are but people, with feet of clay,whether we are rich and famous, or poor and a so called nobody we all have the same need ,Jesus. [Father help us not to put anybody on a pedestal,to see them as they really are flawed human beings, they are as we are, sinners, Amen]

No comments: