verse of the day

Saturday 3 July 2010

Am I a prisoner?. [ John 8 v 32-36 ]

While on holiday we visited York,and I noticed outside the cathedral, a cage with two young men in it,my curiosity drew me to it,the two young men were staying in their cage to emphasize,that people are prisoners,and that they need to be set free from their sin, by Jesus. The prophet Isaiah wrote of Jesus as one who would,/Open the blind eyes, bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house[42v7]/ The world is continually crying out about freedom, from poverty, freedom of speech, the list goes on, these are all reminders that man for all his advancements, is far from free.Our Saviour has come to bring true freedom, a freedom that sets people free from their sin, and its consequences,let us make no mistake ,the best of us, are slaves to our sinful natures,and there is only one remedy,the Lord Jesus. William Sleeper wrote the following words,/Out of my bondage ,sorrow and night, Jesus I come, Jesus I come. Into Thy freedom , gladness and night,Jesus I come to Thee/. [ Dear God thank You that through Your Son we can know true freedom, Amen ]

No comments: