verse of the day

Saturday 9 January 2021

Weakness ( Philippians 4 v 13 )

I wish I was stronger ,I feel so weak, I feel if  only, God would remove those hindrances ,those flaws in my character , and then I think of one the greatest Christians who ever lived,  the Apostle Paul. Consider his  achievements, and how God used him, and you say ,God use me, you cry, I want to be  used by God. Listen to what the Apostle Paul would say to you, ''are you weak enough'' ?, and  you stand back and cry out I want to be strong ,and the Apostle says I was once like you, but I had an affliction, everywhere I went  I carried it with me, it was like having a stake driven into me, it was so painful. So I prayed and I prayed, and I prayed, this was not just a word prayer, I was pleading with God to remove that awful affliction ,and you know what God said?,'' No''. but He didn't  stop there ,he went on to say, '' My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness, or as one translation puts it,'' My grace is enough for you''. Charles Haddon Spurgeon  preached this to his congregation ,''Dear brothers and sisters, go home and never ask the Lord to make you strong in yourselves, never  ask Him to make you anybody  or anything, but be content to be nothing and a nobody. Next ask that His power may have room in you, and that all those  who come near you may see  what God  can do by nothings and nobodies. Live with this desire , to glorify God''

No comments: