verse of the day

Thursday 7 January 2021

Doubt ( Psalm 43 v 5 )

 'I had been with him for over 3 yrs, I witnessed the miracles, I had  heard him speak, his enemies were amazed at what he said and taught, he appeared indestructible .  I never thought that he was going to die like he did, why did he die?, he was the Messiah, he was going to establish God's Kingdom on earth, why? , why?, why?. Now they are telling me that he is not dead, I don't believe it ,he was crucified,, he was dead ,and when your dead your dead. I can't believe, I won't believe'. His name was Thomas ,otherwise known as doubting Thomas, he was one the 12 disciples ,he must have felt many things  when Jesus died such a horrible death on that awful cross, doubt was one of them.  A friend of mine spoke of  her son who appears to have lost his way spiritually, she doesn't know why, she spoke of how she remembered him preaching, but now he appears to have withdrawn , struggling. There are may reasons why like Thomas people's faith can be affected, maybe like Christian in Pilgrims progress ,we all visit even briefly Doubting castle. It is good to acknowledge that , to acknowledge that sometimes we lose our way. In spite of his black hole of  doubt and despair, he did recover, we read how his Saviour manifested himself to him, for his Saviour loved him.  Today you may be struggling with doubt ,remember your Saviour still loves you.

No comments: