verse of the day

Friday 29 January 2021

Remember. ( 1 Corinthians 13 )

 My grandchildren heard someone calling out for John their father ,they went and told their dad, who looked out , and saw his elderly neighbour lying on the ground. It had been snowing and he fallen over, my son ran down, carried him into his home, when he got him into his home, he phoned for an ambulance. His neighbour said this to him, ''I am glad I have an neighbour like you John'', I am also glad that I have a son like John, he is a very  loving caring person. In Charlie Mackesy lovely book  , 'The  boy, the mole, the fox, and the horse', we read,'' What do you think success is?'',  asked the boy, ''to love'', said the mole.' Take time to read 1 Corinthians 13, written to a church that had lost its way, and needed reminding ,that the most important thing was love. One of the last things Jesus said to his disciples was,'' My command is this; love each other as I  have loved you''. (John 15 v 12 ), remember love never fails.

No comments: