verse of the day

Friday 22 January 2021

I feel quite small. ( 1 ) ( Proverbs 15 v 3 )

There is a song by one of my favourite singers, Katie Melua , which goes, 'There are nine million bicycles in Beijing,/We are twelve billion  light years from the edge, that's a guess,/There are six billion people in the world, more or less, and it makes me  feel quite small 'It is a  bit mind blowing  all those millions and billions, it does make one feel quite small. Six billion people more or less, a lot of people, but God knows everyone of them, yes even a little old you ,and a little old me. He knows  everything about us, and here is a point He is no respecter of persons, and it may come as a surprise to you, everyone is precious to Him, yes even you, and even me. He even loves us ,but don't be fooled ,His   love is not blind , He see's  us as we really are, and what He see's is not very pretty . When  Oliver Cromwell was having his portrait painted, he told the artist to paint warts and all. My old mother when she was going out to a party, used to say, as she put on her make up, I am putting on my new face, the fact the camera can lie .But God see's us as we are, and He would speak the truth to us, sometimes the truth is the last thing we  want to hear, Plato said, 'I'm  trying to think, don't confuse with the facts'. We  will consider this more next time.

No comments: