verse of the day

Saturday 30 January 2021

I wish. ( James 4 v 2 - 3 )

Sorry to say we don't have a good fairy who will grant us three wishes, most people at some time or other make a wish, if you go to the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland, there is what is called the wishing seat. If you see a shooting star you can make a wish, or if you see a rainbow ,or if you blow out birthday candles, or if ,so it can go on. Some  people wish they had never been born, or when they are running a marathon ,say I wish I had never started this, or I wish I , and so it goes on. The thing is ,wishing will not change any thing, it cannot change the past, present or the future. For some people wishing is like  a substitute for prayer, but its not, prayer is borne out a relationship with God through Christ. There is so much one could say as regards prayer, but one thing is clear it is not about wishing. As a Christian I know God hears and answers prayer, but it must be in accordance with Gods will ( 1 John 5 v 14 ). If it is not according to Gods will, it will not be good for us, Father God knows best, so stop your wishing ,and pray to  God to hears and answers prayer.

No comments: