verse of the day

Tuesday 12 January 2021

Hate ( Luke 14 v 25 - 35 )

 A famous evangelist daughter, was being interviewed, speaking about forgiven herself, her father, and then  she said sometime that astounded me, she said she forgive God. Although she was the daughter of a  world renowned evangelist, it is obvious she had a very distorted view of God. When one speaks like  that lady,  she is making herself God, for only God can forgive sin.no it was so wrong what she said ,and so sad. That lovely hymn by Reginald Heber ,   declares ,' Only  Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee, Perfect in power, in love. and purity'. The problem that lady has, goes back to her childhood, her father was away a lot preaching, and when he came home, he was always in demand, so she she could not get his attention and nearness ,she felt she needed. Consider what our dear Saviour spoke of what it means to follow Him  Luke 14 v 26 ,'' If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father, and mother and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, yes even his own life, he cannot be my disciple''. What Jesus is saying you must be prepared to love me more than your nearest and dearest yes more than anything else. My mind goes back to when I felt the call of God to serve him, in missionary work, I was married and  we had  three children, I loved them dearly. One evening I heard a missionary speaking of were he served God ,deep in the Amazon forest, he said it was called the green hell. That evening I was prepared  to go and serve God there ,if it was his will. My wife and I applied to the mission but were turned down, but we were willing, the challenge comes to all of us, in different  ways, do we love Jesus more?.

No comments: