verse of the day

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Heaven . ( Hebrews 11 v 13 - 16 )

 I heard Billy Graham speaking on You Tube , that he was just turning 80 yrs of age, and he said he was asked, 'What was the greatest surprise in his life, he replied, ''the brevity of life,'', of course he went on to live another nineteen years. I am sure  he would  have still have said the same answer. Moses the man of God said that the days of our life ,' quickly pass and we fly away', (Psalm 90 v 10 ). Just before Billy Graham died, he wrote this in his last column, ''By the time you read this, I will be in heaven''. Some people say that  to be to heavenly minded, makes you of no earthly use, it is not true. Colossians  3 v 2 ,reads,  'Set your mind on things above , not on earthly things'. Again a quote by Billy Graham, ''Heaven doesn't make life less important, it makes it more important, the Bible says as long as we are here on earth, we are strangers in a foreign land. There are enemies  to be conquered  before we  return home. This world is  not our home, our citizenship is in heaven'.

                                           When all my labours and trials are o'er

                                           And I am safe on that beautiful shore,

                                           Just to be near the dear  Lord I adore,

                                            Will through the ages  be glory for me.

                                            O that will be glory for me, glory for me,

                                            When by His grace  I shall look on His face,

                                             That will be glory, be glory for me.   ( Words by C.H. Gabriel )

                                            























No comments: