verse of the day

Wednesday 6 January 2021

A good feeling. ( Genesis 18 v 14 )

A well known preacher asked his sister ,what was one of the best  feeling she had?, and she answered, relief. It is very true ,as I look back on my life , I can remember so many times, I have experienced relief , in relation to my family , or when my football team one certain matches when it looked like they were going to be beat. Years ago my wife and young family were travelling home, it  was night, and the car had a puncture, and someone stopped and helped me, what a relief It was a relief when a church called me to be their minister , after so many doors had closed. Yes relief is a major thing in our lives, when a person recovers from a life threatening illness, or when a financial need is met, yes its a good feeling  . I know life has many different experiences , they are not always good, often they can be down right bad. You may be having a bad experience, there appears no way out, no relief on the horizon ,trust God for He has not left you, listen child of God ,He has not forsaken you, nor will He. He can make a way for you out of your difficulties, so don't despair, hear the word of the Lord ,''I will help you''. ( Isaiah 41 v 10 ),is that not a relief  .

No comments: