verse of the day

Wednesday 13 January 2021

All knowing. ( 1 ) ( John 21 v 17 )

 If you are married, I wonder does your wife ever say , '' I know you'', she says this  in response  to you  saying,'' leave it to me I will do it'', the reason  is simple, her reply is,'' you will forget''. Lets face it after  38 yrs of marriage , she knows what I'm like, and of course I know what she is like. Well not fully, there is always a  hidden side of us, which no other person knows. When I say no other person, of course there is one person who does know us fully, God, we have  this wonderfully  illustrated in Psalm 139 v 1- 6. here is what it says,' You have searched me, and you know me. You know when I sit down and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my  going out and my  lying down; you are familiar  with all my ways. Before  a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it  completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is to wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain'. Here we have what is known as ,'The Divine Omniscience', meaning that He is all knowing, if it was otherwise He would not be God. Tozer in his book, 'The knowledge of the Holy', writes ,'To say that God  is omniscient is to say that He possesses perfect knowledge and therefore no need to learn. But  it is more ; it is to say that  God has never learned and cannot learn'. He further says, 'He never discovers anything ,He is never surprised, never amazed'. The being of God is beyond our understanding, and yet by His grace and mercy we can know Him , as our heavenly Father, when by faith we trust Jesus as our Saviour.

No comments: