verse of the day

Saturday 23 January 2021

That's a fact. ( 2 ) ( 1 Corinthians 1 v 18 - 31 )

' I'm  thinking, don't confuse me with the facts', so wrote Plato, what are the facts as regards human history, at this time I am reading a book ,called, ' Anarchy ',it is a historical account as to how the East  Indian  company, took over a country. I have reached the half way stage, and it suddenly struck me, how many  wars, there are recorded , and I thought I wonder how many wars there have been since time the fall of man. One writer commenting on Cain killing his brother says, ' since that time the world has become  a slaughter house'. That's a fact, in describing mans sinful condition, the word of God tells us in Romans 3 v 15,' Their feet  are swift to shed blood'. Although we are small  we are capital of so much violence, that's a fact. As regards sex ,the list of offences, are innumerable, that's a fact, we could say the same as regards murder, that's a fact.  Mankind has an addictive nature, be it with gambling, drugs ,alcohol, that's a fact. All these I have mentioned are but the tip of an iceberg, I have not even touched on  mans fraught attitude to God ,He is not even in their thoughts, and his name is blasphemed continually, that's a fact. We live in a broken world, were death  is ever present ,  reminding us of that fatal fall in Eden's garden, that's a fact.  I wonder would  you turn  your thoughts to the God who loves this world, to the God who loves you. For only He could provide a means for us to recover ,'Jesus', through  his death and resurrection, when we trust the Christ of the cross our sins are forgiven, we receive eternal life, and our lives are changed for ever ,that's a fact.

No comments: