verse of the day

Saturday 11 April 2015

Unfairness. [ Hebrews11 v36 ff ]

I read this recently/Faith has to live with what seems to us unfairness,and
leave some uncertainties unresolved, within the mystery of Gods gracious providence/.It is children who usually say its not fair,many adults may say it also or at least think it.
     The bible is full of  people who experienced what I see as unfairness,
Joseph,what did he do ,to warrant such hatred,Job a very godly person likewise, many of the prophets had to cope with so much,and as for the disciples,and the apostle Paul,surely they did not deserve such awful treatment. I often hear said as regards suffering, Christians,how unfair it is to suffer just for being a Christian. Consider  what we read in 2 Peter 4 v12,/
/Beloved , think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,
as though some strange thing happened unto you./In other words do not think  that your suffering is strange,We follow Him who ended up on a cross even though  it was unfair,He never uttered the words it is not fair,
of course it was not fair.Why should He die because I did wrong,but die He did.
     DA remarks  ,/Faith has to live with ,what seems to be unfairness/,the question is, am I prepared for that?am  I prepared to leave uncertainties
unresolved,am I prepared to do this, ?.Am I prepared to leave all the unfairness ,within the mystery of Gods gracious providence?/
                                        A prayer.
Dear God grant us grace to leave unfairness to Your sovereign providence,
in Jesus name Amen.
  

No comments: