verse of the day

Sunday 26 April 2015

Send the fire. [ James 5 v16]

I try to attend a prayer meeting each month,to pray for persecuted Christians,I am sure many people do not realise the extent of whats going on.  Last meeting we were told of a young lad of 13 who had petrol pored over him,and set on fire,and of course he died.A great percentage of persecution,is from Islam,the Barnabas aid agency makes this comment,
              /Even moderate Muslin's seem to accept the need
                for violence against infidels,apostates ,those who
               criticise Muhammad and perceived enemies of Islam./
That statement gives me great concern if it is true,and I have no doubt,that it probably is. All I can say in all my time I have prayed for many persecuted
 Christians living under political oppression,that is still going on,but Islam
gives me great concern.What can one do?, yes we can approach  our own
governments,the United Nation,the European  union, but it does not appear
to be making any difference. It appears that many Christians are in Gods sovereignty having to suffer,even martyrdom.
          So what can we do ?,we can look back in history, to the early church were many Christian suffered ,Paul was beheaded.Well getting back to my question , what can we do?,we can pray.On our last prayer meeting I was particularly touched by a young women's prayer,as she prayed, she wept'ed.
I could not understand what she was praying,but I did understand the tears,
as indeed does God, such prayers I believe accomplish much.
                                          A prayer.
Dear God deliver us from cold indifferent praying,send the fire Lord ,send the fire,in Jesus name Amen.
                                   


No comments: