verse of the day

Sunday 19 April 2015

Looking back. [Psalm 37 v 23 ]

Let us consider a looking back that is profitable,and for that, we turn to king David,the man after Gods own heart,and the words he wrote in Psalm 37v25
/I have been young,and now am old ,yet I have seen the righteous forsaken ,
nor his seed begging bread/. I would say a big amen to that.I have just turned 71,and have retired, I have been following the Lord for 51 years,I have brought up a family of 5 lads,and in all this ,I can say God has been faithful.Although all this is true I continually need encouragement,because life is ongoing,one is still prone to worry,still vulnerable,still tempted to doubt,still tempted and attacked by the Devil.
  So like David I can take encouragement from looking back at how God has cared for me,and for others who know the Lord.Yes God has no favourites,He loves all His children,not just the privileged few.
      Consider all that David experienced,he had his successes,but he also had his failures,but God continued to be faithful.
      In this Psalm he tells us to keep our eyes firmly on the Lord,v1 we are told not to worry about those who do wrong.Stop looking at others ,that can only pull us down,why? may be, the word you are continually using?,God says, stop it, instead we are told to do three things.
                                [a]Trust in the Lord and do good.v3.
                                 [b]Delight yourself in the Lord.v4
                                 [c]Commit your way to the Lordv5
Each of these verses stress , when we do those three things, good  will follow.
                                       A prayer
Dear God  we praise you for your faithfulness, and that You are the same yesterday,today,and forever, in Jesus name Amen .
    

No comments: