verse of the day

Sunday 12 April 2015

A wise old owl. [James 1 v 26-27]

 I received a present from a a group I have run for many years,on my coming retirement,it is a large garden ornamental wise old owl. I hope I am
a wise old owl.I hope you are,wisdom is so very important in life,of course ,
there is a vast difference between earthly wisdom, and Godly wisdom.There
is a big difference between the two,as indeed there is a big difference
between the worlds idea of love and Gods,
    Lets return to the wise old owl,there is a little poem about a wise old owl,
it reads.                                A wise old owl lived in an oak.
                                            The more he saw the less he spoke.
                                             The less he spoke the more he heard.
                                            Why can't we all be like that wise old owl.
  It is James who wrote,  /If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue ,you are fooling yourself,and your religion is worthless./Sometimes I let my tongue run a way with me,sometimes I say the the wrong thing.
    Verse 27 of James 1,reminds us that good and godly actions speak louder
than words,/Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father,means caring for orphans and widows in their distress,and refusing to let the world corrupt you./
                                   A  prayer.
Dear God forgive us for our uncontrolled tongue,and our lack of good works in Jesus name Amen .


No comments: