verse of the day

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Sorry. [ Matthew 6 v12-15]

 Over 40 years ago I  hurt a dear friend,at the time I had tried to put it right,but my friend had not wanted to hear,my apology.So for all those years, I had carried a burden,until recently.I live in England my offended
friend lives in Ulster,and it so happened that while speaking to another friend on the phone,I was told the phone number of the person ,I had offended. God helps us if we are willing to do whats right,He is sovereign
and in his providence,He can make a way,
  So I phoned the offended person,and reminded her of what happened,and said I was sorry,she sounded as if it did not matter, but it mattered to me,and I believe to my Saviour.
   There are burdens that we carry,that a simple sorry would remove,if the person does not forgive that's a burden they must carry,and face the consequences of that.
                                        A  prayer.
 Dear Lord we owe You so much,we have received Your forgiveness,may we be willing to say sorry to those we have hurt,and may we be willing
forgive as You have forgiven us. Amen.

No comments: