verse of the day

Wednesday 8 April 2015

God [Isaiah 40]

   When I played the guitar I had to tune it,with the help of a little electric tuner,now one of my grandsons plays the guitar. Now he has a part time job,so he saved his wages up and bought an electric guitar,it cost him quite a lot.He brought it out to show me.Now the thing about this guitar it tunes itself,I watched in amazement as I saw the screws turning,on their own,
 I found it absolutely fascinating.
     As a man of 71, I have seen so many new inventions the list is endless,
and I take them for granted, I cease to be amazed. But that changed in
that moment when I saw that guitar,to me it was truly amazing.
     I think it is possible we as Christians can loose our sense of amazement
in relation to God,and how amazing He is, just in Himself truly amazing.
God is Spirit what does that mean?,it means something truly amazing,which we can only grasp at.Jesus tells us God is Spirit,the Mormons god has a body,not so the God of the Bible.
    God is a triune being Father, Son ,and Holy Spirit,try to work that  out,one cannot,so the JWs rationalise this truth away. They say how,the Bible does not tell us the how,but it declares it to be so.
    God is holy,again it is something we fail to really appreciate,we are  ,sin has clouded our perception of all things especially, God who is Holy. The natural man thinks that they will  be accepted by a god that to some extent is a concoction of their own fallenness.We who are Christians,
know that God is Holy,but how careless we are ,with our minds,eyes,ears,
and actions.
                                    A  prayer.
Dear God forgave us for loosing sight of You,awake in all us a sense of
amazement as to You,our amazing God ,in Jesus name Amen .

No comments: