verse of the day

Saturday 26 July 2014

Mental reservation [ Psalm 1]

A friend of mine told me of a doctrine called,/ The doctrine  of mental reservation/, I have never heard of it, and did not have a clue what it was about.Let me try and explain ,if I stole from a friend called Jim, and was brought to court  to be tried,and was asked did I steal from Jim,even though I did,I could say I did not steal from Jim,but in my mind I would say, on a Friday.That is the doctrine of mental reservation,it is amazing how the human mind can pervert things,W.C.Fields was lying in bed in the hospital,very ill. His wife came to visit him and found him reading a Bible,she asked him ,why are you reading the Bible?,I thought you didn't believe in any of that stuff.W.C.Fields shot back,/Looking for loopholds,my dear,looking for loopholds/
 People are always looking for loopholds,they pervert the truth,or  do a mental reservation,believeing the end justifies the means.Let us remember God is holy, with Him there is no loopholds,or mental reservation,He is the God of truth,the Bible reveals to everyman a way back to God from the dark paths of sin ,that there's a door that is open and all may go in,Calvary's cross is where we begin when we come as a sinner to Jesus.
 A  prayer......./ Dear God help us to see that we may fool others,or even ourselves,but we will never fool You,in Jesus name we ask this, Amen /
 

No comments: