verse of the day

Saturday 5 July 2014

Doing nothing .[ Matthew 25 v31-46]

I feel a bit guilty,during the week I took someone shopping and when I returned, I parked in the nearest spot,to the persons home , which just happened to be in a disable parking spot,It was only for about 5 minutes,but when I returned to my car a disabled lady told me off,saying I should have consideration for others. Well what one can say I had done something that I should not have,what are the consequences?well I suppose if this person new I was a Christian,she would call me a hypocrite.We all make mistakes do what we shouldn't,break the speed limit,speak words we shouldn't,but what about the sins of omission?,the things that we ignore,I should have helped that person,and I didn't,I should have spoken up against a wrong,I  am sure you get the idea,remember sin not includes what we do but what we neglect to do.Many stood around the cross and said nothing,we point the finger at Peter,for his denying Christ,but we are equally guilty,when we simply, do nothing.We pass a beggar in the street,we do not pray for those who are suffering,or for those Christians who are being persecuted.There are many needy children in the world,many needy causes,we are called to do good works,as an evidence of our Christian faith,doing nothing is not an option.
A prayer...../Dear God help us to see the importance  to do something where there is a need ,in Jesus name. Amen /

No comments: