verse of the day

Saturday 12 July 2014

He is One.[ Isaiah 9 v 6]

There are some people, even Christians who see the God of the OT ,and the God of the NT as different,because in the OT, they see Him dealing with people in a severe way.But as I read my OT, I see a God who judged people,but of course in the NT,there is plenty of mentions of judgement ,it is said that Jesus,our loving Saviour,spoke of  Hell more than anybody else.Consider the words of one of the best known verses in the Bible, John 3 v16 ,/For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life./The verse stresses the love of God to all people,but also the severity of God  as to those who reject His love. I opened my Bible at random this morning and I read these  ,/When the poor and needy seek water,and there is none,and their tongue failed for thirst,I the Lord will hear them, I  the God of Israel will not forsake them[Psalm 41 v17]; in Micah7 v18],we read that God delights in mercy.There is much more we could write,as to God,that would show clearly ,that God is merciful,the city of Nineveh,experienced that mercy,and so will we if we seek Him
A  prayer......../ Dear God we thank You for the revelation concerning yourself,that you are gracious ,and merciful,slow  to anger,and of great kindness. Words spoken by a prophet ,words that are true.,We thank and praise You in Jesus name. Amen /

No comments: