verse of the day

Sunday 20 July 2014

Balance . [ 1 Samuel 15 v22]

Watching golf on TV, one commentator spoke of the importance of balance,as a golfer,which reminded me of my recent holiday,when on two occasions,my balance was effected,by something or other. In my case it was dangerous because, I could have fallen so easily,and hurt myself,thankfully, I didn't,I will have to see my GP,hopefully to find the cause.An awful lot of the Bible was written to people who were out of  balance in their walk with God,David in his zeal for God offended God, he wanted the ark of God brought up to Jerusalem,but he had it put on a cart,so as they brought the ark up,it appeared that it was going to fall of the cart, and a man called Uzzah, put his hand forward to stop it falling of the cart,and immediately the Lord was angry with Him and killed him.[2 Samuel 6 v6-7]The ark was meant to be carried by the Levites[Numbers4 v5-15],it was a capital offence for anyone other than the Levites to touch the ark[Numbers 4 v15]. In 1 Samuel 6v 19-20] God killed70 men for daring to look into the ark,Now David in his zeal ignored what Gods word said,and poor Uzzah , paid the price,having zeal like David is commendable,but not if we become careless ,and ignore Gods word,if we do this we will pay the price.
A prayer.... Dear God grant us zeal,but most important, a balanced  godly zeal, that will walk in perfect obedience to Your word, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: