verse of the day

Saturday 19 July 2014

A shirt.[ Genesis 20 v6 ]


Recently while on holiday,I visited a charity shop,it is my favourite charity shop,because I usually find something really nice to purchase,a lot of charity shops,remind me of the old jumble sales,that churches used to hold.They all do a good job,but my favourite is the one I mention,it is my Marks and Spenser's,well I saw this shirt,it was different,it had a patchwork design. I liked it but my wife , son,and daughter-in-law restrained me [not physically],from buying it,on reflection,I suppose it was in that charity shop,because the original owner had ,had  second thoughts about wearing it,or like me had been restrained maybe physically from wearing it.Well on a more serious note,the other day while out in my car,someone honked their horn at me,they where behind me,and I felt angry,and I felt like getting out of my car,and,well I didn't,thankfully ,I believe the Lord restrained me,from doing something stupid,and I am ever so thankful.As I look back in my long Christian life, I realise the difficulties ,and dangers that God has saved me from,His hand of restraint has been upon me,it reminds me that I have only come this far,by Gods restraining grace
A  prayer.....Dear God grant unto us restraining grace, from any foolish and sinful actions or words,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: