verse of the day

Thursday 29 May 2014

The why question again.[ Psalm 35]

Here is a poem I read, I do not know who wrote it.
           Why must I weep when others sing?.....To test the deeps of suffering.
            Why must I work when others rest? ....To spend my strength at Gods request.
            Why must I lose while others gain?......To understand defeats sharp pain.
            Why must this lot of life be mine,when that which fairer is thine?
             Because God knows what plans for me,will blossom in eternity.
Maybe you, as I do, ask the why question. God has a path for all of us to walk,sometimes it is a painful path. A marriage that is lacking in love,a work that is overlooked,a service that goes unrewarded,a thorn in the flesh that will not go a way,even after much prayer.Whatever difficulties we may have on our journey to glory,God is in control,and it is He who allows us to test the deeps of suffering,to understand defeats sharp pain. There is a need to remind ourselves that all is working together for our good[Romans 8 v28] God will use our brokenness, and in that, will receive all the glory,and that in the eternal glories ,what plans will blossom.
A  prayer....../ Dear and Father,grant us grace to bear those things we experience which are hard to bear,help us to live always with the long view,in Jesus name Amen /
                  

No comments: