verse of the day

Friday 23 May 2014

His genteness. [ Isaiah 40v 11]

In that lovely Psalm in 2 Samuel 22,we have David declaring,/Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation,and thy gentleness hath made me great[v36]/. When many people think of God they do not see Him as gentle,but here David acknowledges Gods gentleness,a gentleness that profoundly altered his life and blessed him. Plummer writes the following on these words ,/Jehovah is meek and lowly,lenient,gentle, and condescending.......It is this patience, forbearance,clemency and condescending of God,that makes great and good men all that they are,otherwise they would be ruined/ Let us give God all the glory ,He has blessed us exceedingly,if we have been raised to a position of greatness,then it is because of His gentleness. A modern chorus touches on this,
                                               O Lord, You tenderness,melting all my bitterness.
                                                O Lord, I receive Your love.
                                               O  Lord, Your loveliness,changing all my ugliness,
                                                O Lord.I receive Your love,
                                                O Lord I receive Your  love,
                                                 O Lord, I receive Your love.[G K]
A prayer....../Dear God we are amazed at Your gentleness that has truly worked wonders in our lives,we ask that You would continue that process in Jesus name Amen./

No comments: