verse of the day

Monday 12 May 2014

The answer. [ 2 Corinthians 12 v1-10]

I was reminded of the words in2 Corinthians 12v 9/My strength is made perfect in weakness/,when I heard a preacher say about his mother,that when she experienced a great deal of illness,God caused her to exercise a ministry,that blessed many.I think we need to be continually reminded that that God will permit weakness in our lives,not to hinder us,but that we may be used to bless others.We desire to serve God ,to be used to win others for Christ,we think the last thing in the world we need is weakness.Yet that is exactly what was granted unto the apostle,a thorn in the flesh whatever that was, and my, how he prayed and prayed,and prayed,pleading that the Lord would remove this weakness,he pleaded,and the Lord said, no.Remember the 300,who were used to defeat a great army[Judges 7],remember the young man who slew a giant[1 Samuel  17]. God who grants us weakness,has a purpose,that He will be glorified,Christ our dear Saviour was crucified through weakness [2 Corinthians 13 v4],and in that weakness glorified His Father.It is one thing singing,I am weak but Thou art strong,and another to accept our weakness,and glorify God in our weakness,but that is what the apostle was called to do.and that is what we are called to do.In despair as you read this,you may be crying out how,oh how is it possible for me to do this?, the answer God gave Paul,/My grace is sufficient for thee,for my strength is made perfect in weakness[2 Corinthians 12 v9]/,is the answer He gives you,and me.
A prayer....../ Dear God grant us grace,that inspite of our weakness we may glorify You, in Jesus name, Amen/
[ I will resume my blog Saturday DV, every blessing]

No comments: