verse of the day

Sunday 25 May 2014

Ordinary things [ 1 Thessalonians 5 v16-18 ]

I wonder how many times we say thank you every day,as a habit,not really thinking about what we say?,and I wonder how many times we don't say thank you,when we should?. As I sat down to write this blog,I thanked God that I do not live in a hovel,but if I did, would I still thank God?.I thank God for His overruling even in little things,yesterday at the group that a colleague and I  run,in which  we cook those attend a meal,we discovered that I had omitted to count two people ,this was after the meal was given out,but my colleague managed to work things out, and they got their meal. I give out the afters,little fruit salads bought earlier,only to discover one of the clients had gone out for some shopping,then I looked at that one fruit salad I could have so easily given out, but didn't, so the person had their afters. These happenings are simple things ordinary things,but is this not what most of life is about,and is it not important to see Gods hand in the ordinary things?. Not only to see it but to thank Him for His help in the ordinary things like the making of a meal,in doing the shopping,in making the bed,and so on.The Word of God instructs us,/Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus  Christ. [Ephesians 5 v20]
A  prayer....../ Dear God we so often pray and praise You for the major things ,and rightly so,but help also to pray and praise You for the minor things,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: