verse of the day

Thursday 8 May 2014

Feeling sorry for yourself? .[ Matthew 8 v19-20 ]

Sometimes I feel sorry for myself,I have my reasons,as we all have,life is not fair,we never got the position we desired,why have we not more friends,why this, and why that?.As I was feeling sorry for myself my mind went back many years when sitting in room with my fellow students at Bible college,we listen to a lady singing a song,that touched our hearts.The words go like this ,/I travelled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care,the burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair. I oft complained to Jesus how folk where treating me. And then I heard say so tenderly. My feet were also weary,upon the Calvary road,the cross became so heavy, I fell beneath the load. Be faithful weary pilgrim,the morning I can see,just lift your cross and follow close to Me.[ words by Ira. F. Stamphill]/ We read that He was despised and rejected,that He came unto His own people and they received Him not,in fact they crucified Him.So today, let us take up our cross and follow Him.
A prayer..../ Dear Lord help us today to take up our cross and follow You. Amen /

No comments: