verse of the day

Saturday 1 February 2014

Our Christianty being tested. [ Matthew 6 v 9-13 ]

I was on a visit to a place called Wells in the county of Somerset ,a nice place that has a 13th century cathedral, but on the streets I saw two homeless men both with dogs ,plus other people looking for money. At one point I said, this really tests your Christianity,I find it very hard to refrain from giving. Yes when we see others in need we really are being tested,will we help?let us not be driven by guilt,but be led by the Spirit. As we follow Christ I believe we will find our Christianity tested,sexually, materially,and so on,I was challenged by words written by William Gurnall,/ In heaven you will realize the same pleasures Adam enjoyed in paradise, but many weary steps through obstacles of lust,temptation, and sin lie between you and the top of that hill/In other words our Christianity will be tested,I only hope and pray that we will all who know Jesus pass that test.
A  prayer..../ Dear God grant unto us the grace that we need, to not fail the tests that we are encountering,and will encounter on our way to  glory in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: