verse of the day

Sunday 2 February 2014

What we dont know. [ Acts 16 30-31]

In my daily readings I read something that I found difficult to get an answer to,and it made me uneasy,so I  got  some of my commentaries out,but I did not receive any light. I prayed that God would grant me an answer,as it was upsetting me,as I looked at my shelves of books ,I spied an old commentary I had not used for years,and from it I received an explanation which made sense. It made me realise that it is often what we don't know or understand that can cause us problems,a loved one dying,an apparent unanswered prayer,evil, loss of various kinds.Those things we don't appear to have an answer to,why did that happen to such a good person?the why we have ,is never far below the surface of our minds.Let me tell you a story, a man was speaking at speakers corner a famous place in London,where anyone can go and speak on anything,it was while this man was speaking,someone shouted out,[ If one speaks at speakers corner one has to  accept being heckled] where did Cain get his wife from?. The preacher looked the person straight in the eye and replied, the more important question by far ,that you should be asking is this what must I do to be saved.?.There will always be questions that we want answers to,and yet often they are but a smoke screen,and behind that smoke screen ,there lies a lost bewildered soul,who needs to be saved,
A  prayer....../ Dear God  help us to see what is most important,and help us to nail our whys to the cross, in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: