verse of the day

Friday 7 February 2014

Law of Love.[ James 2 v8]

I have not been feeling very well recently,chest infection,head cold, and it is easy to focus on that, but we must consider the mercies of God in all things.As I considered Gods mercies,I considered my nice modern home,I even have a summer house,I have a missionary magazine and there is a photo of slums,my heart goes out to such people.Yet in Gods mercy I am blest with so much,I have a lovely job,working with mentally ill people,a nice manager,nice colleagues,so I could go on and on as regards Gods mercy to me.I am no better than so many dear people who have so little.I can only thank God. I am reminded we receive mercy that we may show mercy,we forgive because we have been forgiven, we give out of a heart of gratefulness for all we have been given ,by our loving Heavenly Father.Our giving is never a legalistic thing,we are not under law,but we are continually challenged to live out the law of love.
A  prayer...../ Dear Saviour as we consider  Your death on Calvary,we are overwhelmed by Your love,help us ,who continually receive expressions of  Your love,to love, Amen/

No comments: