verse of the day

Thursday 6 February 2014

Change [ 1 Corinthians 6 v 9-11]

Sometimes things of my past come into my mind ,like when I was a boy soldier,and a corporal who was over us ,with a real Irish sounding name,told a number of us young boy soldiers,how he had raped two women,when he was on duty in Germany,and Kenya. Our distorted  view of sex divorced us from the actual people who had being violated, it was as if we where blind  to the evil  that had being done,and most of all the sinfulness of that mans actions. So it was with  that man,and us young lads, it is a very sad memory,sad that I did not see the wrong that had been done,but then I was not following the Lord,as I should . Now as one who is following the Lord,I am humbly grateful that I look at things differently,God has changed me,for the better.I am not the man I would like to be, but praise God,by His love ,mercy and grace, I am not the man I once was.
A prayer../ Dear God all we can do is fall before You in thankfulness for saving us and changing us through Jesus Your son Amen /

No comments: