verse of the day

Monday 21 March 2011

A worry pit . [ Psalm 40 v1- 3 ]

I wonder do you have a feeling in your tummy everytime you think of a certain situation ,I do ,and it will not go a way. I will call it my worry pit , a place where I have my worse thoughts. It involves situations that are arising, it involves change, it involves people,the result is ,a worry pit, and I cant seem to get out of it. You would think an old stager like me,would not have a worry pit, after all I am a Christian many ,many years, a minister , a preacher,this may be so, but I still have a worry pit.Well my mind turns to a man called Elijah, the great prophet,who had a powerful ministry, but he also had his worry pit cp 1 Kings 19. Is there a magic cure to help us out of our worry pits?, no ,but there is an answer,Elijah burrowed deeper into his worry pit,yes we can do that, or we can face those things that are worrying us,and trust in our Saviour to undertake.I read a verse this morning that will help all of us ,and its this. Isaiah 41 v10. Fear thou not ,for I am with thee, be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. [Dear God we thank You that no matter how deep our worry pit may be , you are with us, and can deliver us ,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: