verse of the day

Wednesday 9 March 2011

We have a choice.[ Matthew 16 v 24 -27 ]

Jeremiah is my favourite prophet ,I wonder why? , for he lived in difficult times, experienced a lot of abuse,his ministry was not heeded ,by his fellow countrymen. And yet God preserved this wonderful book, to bless countless millions of people, Jeremiah is dead but his ministry speaks on, a verse from this book comes to mind, which is food for thought, and its this,/[10v23] O Lord ,I know that the way of man is not in himself, it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps/.The great truth that blazes from these words is Gods sovereignty, not something we can fully understand, but must be embraced by faith. We may argue with Jeremiahs words,but that will not change them, I did not choose where I was born, my parents,my circumstances. But I have a choice,I can trust God,or I can turn in on myself,and turn from God, or I can simply ask God to help me in that place He has placed in, and trust Him. It is the Christ of the cross who says to us all, follow Me,it is trully the way of the cross that leads home.[ Dear God help us to trust You, not to become bitter,or turn in ourselves,but rather to turn to You, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: