verse of the day

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Looking at life differently. [ Psalm 23 ]

A young man was talking to me yesterday,life for him it appears is so difficult, he appears to think that my generation had it so much easier. I dont think so, I can assure you that it is not true, life for every generation has its problems. As a Christian I can look back on my life ,when I was child, being brought up in a one parent family,life was hard,when I got married , wages were small, then I went to Bible college ,very little money to live on, often the cupboard was empty of food.Serving God as a minister, for a small wage in a small congregation,then my dear wife died , leaving me with four children. In all these things and more ,I want to testify to Gods faithfulness,I am not bitter,but grateful to a loving God.The thing that makes life better and not bitter is having Christ with me, knowing that He is with me in every situation. I can look back and see His hand in all my life, preserving me,providing for me, protecting me, in the words of the hymn, all the way my Saviour leads me,what have I to ask beside.[ Dear Lord thank You for Your faithfulness,thank You that when we come to know You as Saviour, we can look at life differently, and rightly. Amen]

No comments: