verse of the day

Wednesday 23 March 2011

The backslider. [Joel 2 v25 ]

One of my favourite stories is ,Wind in the willows, that wonderful story,by Kenneth Graham,of different animals,Ratty,Mole, Badger, and Toad of Toad Hall. These four are all friends, Ratty,mole, and badger are sensible animals, but Toad who is rich is an irresponsible animal. Toad flits from one thing to another,boating, caravaning, and finally to cars,and the latter takes over his life,to the point of bringing him to possible ruin ,financially, he is like so many people, mybe like you .But I move on, his friends love him, and with Badgers leadership,they seek to help,Badger takes Toad into a room on his own and lectures him,Toad listens agrees with Badger,they come out, no sooner are they out ,Toad declares he is not sorry, he only pretended to be ,in order to get Badger of his back, in utter frustration Badger calls him a backsliding animal. What is a backslider?well its one who goes back to what they once were,I know of many backsliders ,people who became Christians, and have gone back to what they once were, I wonder is that you?, as a youngster I trusted the Saviour, but I backslid, I went back, I remember a preacher saying that were no advantages in forsaking Christ, I found it to be so,and I deeply regret what I did,but God in His mercy forgive me, and restored me. [ Dear God I thank You for restoring me back to Yourself,we pray for those who are backsliden ,that You would restore them to Yourself ,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: