verse of the day

Thursday 3 March 2011

Finish. [ Hebrews 12 v 2 ]

If I have an underlining desire, it is this ,to finish my Christian life as the apostle Paul did,he wrote the following words shortly before he died, [tradition has it that he was beheaded] I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith[ 2 Timothy 4 v7]. That is my desire, what a heartache to fail in this, I went to Bible colllege,things were difficult, money was so scarce, one day my principal spoke to me. He said he would understand if I had to give up ,he meant well,but I didnt give up ,I finished my course, yes with joy I finished it. There are always reasons to give up, yes legitimate reasons,there was legitimate reasons for our blessed Saviour, to not go to Calvary, the dreadful suffering involved, inflicted upon Him by those He loved. The great and good news is ,He didnt give up ,and on that old rugged cross He cried out ,it is finished[John 19 v30 ],yes He finished the work of redemption. [Dear Lord ,You who finished the work of salvation,help me not to give up in following You,help me to finish my course with joy. Amen ]

No comments: