verse of the day

Sunday 6 March 2011

Let go. [Philippians 3v 13-14 ]

I recently watched a movie about a man and a dog based upon a true story,the basis of the story is the loyalty of the dog to its owner. Everyday the dog would go to the train station with its master,he would go to his place of work ,the dog would then return home,then in the evening the dog would return to the station to wait for its master. Then one evening he never returned, he died,yet the dog from that moment on, still returned to the station, until the day it died, and outside that station there is a statue erected to that dog. I enjoyed the movie, but on reflection, I thought,would it not have been better ,for that dog to have moved on, to have accepted the death of its master. Often we are so like that dog, we refuse to move on, we hold on to so many things , instead of letting go of the past, the death of someone we loved dearly, let us ask the question to ourselves,what am I holding unto, that is affecting my life and my relationship with others, and my relationship with my Lord?.[ Dear God help us all, to let go , and to move on, in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: