verse of the day

Monday 27 September 2010

My friend . [ 1 Peter 1 v 8-9 ]

I just heard yesterday that a friend has died suddenly,I have known this friend for a number of years ,I sometimes spoke to her on the phone, but mainly I wrote to her, and she would send me a postcard when she was on holiday. The thing is I have never seen her, I dont know what she looked like, but she was my friend, and I am sad at her death.This reminds me of my relationship with my Saviour, I have not seen Him,yet He is my closest friend, I speak to Him every day ,and He speaks to me continually,in so many ways,He is that friend that sticks closer than a brother, He comforts me , guides me,protects me, shapes me. This is a relationship of faith, it is real and deeply meaningful, a relationship that will never end, I know Him and I love Him ,and He loves me. He wanted to be my friend so much He was prepared to die for me on a cross,when I realized how much He loved I fell in love with Him, Iasked Him to be my Saviour, and I committed my life to Him.[ Dear Lord Jesus thank You for being my friend, Amen ]

No comments: