verse of the day

Friday 10 September 2010

I am growing old.[ Isaiah 46 v 4 ]

When you get to my age you wonder is the Lord finished with me, is my ministry finished, is that it?, after all I am not young anymore, my energy level is not what it used to be. Mybe I should just face the facts, that it is time to retire,so why is it ,I still have the desire to preach ,to serve my Lord?. Such are the thoughts that cross my mind, and yet the Bible tells us of different people God used in old age, Moses, Abraham,Caleb, and not forgetting Paul the aged. So is God finished with us because we are old ?no,what we need to do, is to continue to be open in our minds, willing in in our hearts, to accept Gods plan for us,whatever it may be, for that plan will be perfect.I read this recently in a daily reading,/There is no retirement in the service of the King of Kings, He has the right to ask us for anything, and send us anywhere at any season of life/.[ Dear God old though I be, I ask, that You would continue to help me serve You in Jesus name Amen.]

No comments: