verse of the day

Saturday 11 September 2010

Gods ways. [ Isaiah 55v 8-13 ]

God moves in mysterious ways, so wrote the hymn writer,in Isaiah 40v13 we read,/ Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being His counsellor hath taught Him/.There is indeed a mystery about God and His ways which we need to appreciate, consider what God can do, He is all powerful, and then what He does,He could one would think do so much ,like stopping all the evil in the world, but He does,nt,He could stop earthquakes but He does,nt, the list is endless. So why does He not stop earthquakes, etc? I do not know,it is in Isaiah 55v8-9, we read,/ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts/. These words must be accepted by faith,they are spoken by the God of love, who is just, a God who in His way is seeking to redeem a fallen world. [Dear God help me to trust You, even when I do not understand Your ways ,in Jesus name Amen] [I will be away for two days so no blog ]

No comments: