verse of the day

Sunday 29 October 2023

Trust worthy. ( Genesis 39 v 4 )

I read this story recently,'Constantius the father of Constantine tested the character of his Christian servants, by the imperative command to offer sacrifices to his god's.Some sunk under the trial.Those who had really ''bought the truth,'' would sell it for no price.( Proverbs 23 v23) They were inflexible. He banished the base compliants from his service. The true confessors he entrusted with the care of his own person. 'These men', said he,I can trust. I value them more than all my treasures'. This was sound judgement. For who are so likely to be faithful to their king, as those that proved themselves faithful to their God?. I remember my manager asking me to do something because she said  I could be be trusted to do it. A nice compliment but surely as Christians of all people we should be trust worthy . Let me say this our great triune God can be trusted, He is absolutely trust worthy, and He expects His children to be likewise,with money,with our wives and husbands,and with truth, alas many people are failing in the latter. May the Lord help us all, to be trust worthy in all things.

No comments: