verse of the day

Monday 30 October 2023

Fear . ( Hebrews 10 v 31 )

Is fear a good thing? ,yes often it is,I am afraid of getting a ticket for speeding,so I watch my speed,I get inoculated for I am afraid of getting some illness.What should you and I fear most? or whom shall we fear most?. the answer is God.,in Matthew 10 v 28 we read,'Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell'. Yes fear God, don't fear men, they can only affect us as regards to this world, God's power to punish reaches into eternity,for we read after death the judgement. Hebrews 9 v27. God is a God of love but he is also the righteous judge,we must not forget this,someone has said ,' it is God's business to forgive sin,' that may be so , but it also His business to judge sin, with the severity it deserves.God is not sentimental as regards sin, He takes no  sin lightly,we just have to look at the cross to see this, the question is how serious do we take sin ?The awful suffering our Saviour endured on the cross,shouts with a deafening roar,'take sin  serious', look not kindly on it,In our unsaved days we acted so carelessly.I was only 15 and I was in the army boy service,some of the young lads went into a local town,when they came back,a young lad shouted out that he had intercourse with some girl.I also remember one of the adult soldiers boasting how he raped two women,one in Germany and one in Kenya,he laughed as he told us young lads.We must take sin seriously,for God does,on judgement day there will be no one laughing as regards sin, on that day there will be no mercy shown , none.Only those who have trusted Jesus as their Saviour  will escape God's wrath.

No comments: