verse of the day

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Friendship ( John 15 v14 )

 I  was visiting a friend  ,who I have known a long time,he comes from Ulster our homeland,a land of division,a land torn apart at times.It still is tribal, but things are a bit better, as I spoke to my ,we discovered that when we were young,we each had a very close friend,and they both married girls from the the other tribe. It makes one smile,friendship is very important,one my favourite movies is ,'Lord of Rings', in it we have Frodo who  has the awesome task of taking the ring to be  destroyed,he faced tremendous dangers,but he had friend called Sam, who stuck with him till he accomplished his task.In Proverbs 17 v 17 we read,'A friend loves at all times', In 2 Timothy 4  ,the apostle Paul is in prison,he  was facing opposition,not only that he declares ,'At my defence , no one came to my to my support, but everyone deserted me'. But he adds. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength''.Christ is that friend that sticks closer than a brother, (Proverbs 18 v 24),someone has Said that Christ is a friend of the friendless,and here is the great thing ,He will  never leave you nor forsake you.

                                                      'Do thy friends despise forsake thee?

                                                      Take it to the Lord in prayer.

                                                       In His arms He'll take and shield thee,

                                                       Thou will find a solace there'

                                                             Words J M. Scriven

No comments: