verse of the day

Monday 2 October 2023

Ask anything. (Matthew 7 v 7)(1)

 I was out with a friend at a cafe run by a church,we both knew some people there,so we went over to say hello,we talked a little.Someone asked how I was keeping,I replied ,and I mentioned a certain physical problems I had. One the ladies said do you want us to pray for you?,I agreed,who knows God may answer their prayer. Now one of the things she said in her prayer was,''receive your healing'', and I wondered what she meant by that,as I walked away, I prayed to God ,and said ,''all things are possible with you ''.As one whose young wife died of cancer,I realise that God does not always heal,and we can broaden this out to prayer in general, here is a scripture that tells us somethings very important in relation to prayer, it is found in John's first epistle ,chap 5 v 14- 15.'This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask,we know that we have what we asked of Him'.First we have the scope of our asking ,'anything'.Recently I attended my brothers wife's funeral,I asked that the weather would be kind to us,that morning as my wife and I got off the plane, it was raining very heavy ,and it was cold, but later on the weather changed, and it turned out a lovely day. Yes you can pray about anything,God does hear and answer prayer ,we will continue this next time .

No comments: