verse of the day

Friday 20 October 2023

Don't worry. ( Philippians 4 v19

 One of the most popular birds in our country is the Robin,with its red breast,to my very great disappointment I rarely see one in my Garden. Recently while on holiday I purchased a hand - crafted coaster,with a Robin painted on it,well I thought at least I will have a Robin to look at everyday,well ,'sort of'. Why am I writing this?,to remind us of what our Saviour taught as regards God our Fathers care ,for His children, He said look at creation,consider how your heavenly Father feeds the birds,if He does that,remember you are more valuable than them,In essence what He is saying don't worry ( Matthew 6 v 25 - 34 ). Even though He said those lovely words,we do worry. There is a little ditty that goes,'Said the robin to the sparrow; why these anxious human beings rush about and hurry so.''. Said the sparrow to the robin,'' I think that it must be, that they have no heavenly Father such as cares for you and me''.

No comments: