verse of the day

Sunday 22 October 2023

Home ( Hebrews 11 v 13 -16 )

 Recently I  went home to Ireland,that's my home of the past,then I  returned to England my home of the present,so that's it, no!.One day God knows when, I will go to my future home,its called heaven,I often think about heaven,and although I have never been there I feel homesick for that home.I  think with sadness of the many  people who will never know the unspeakable joy of heaven.Before Jesus went home to heaven He said ,''I go to prepare a place for you''  ( John 14 v 2),there He is preparing  a place for a prepared people,all those who are his, all those He purchased with His precious blood. In 2 Timothy 4 v 9,we read of a man called Demas, he is mentioned in Colossians 4 v14 and Philemon v24,  he was a fellow worker with Paul, but  there came a point when he stopped being his friend and fellow worker,why? because as Paul says in 2 Tim 4 v 9, 'he loved this present world'.Yes there is always reasons for giving up as a Christian,love of this present world, suffering,persecution, being hurt by a fellow Christian, and so we could go on.We forget that all the glory of this present world is temporary,not permanent,in contrast to heavens eternal glories. As regards suffering we are told,that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory  that will be revealed in us (Romans 8 v 18) I often imagine that as I enter heaven , I will hear my Saviour say,welcome home Billy,well its just a thought.

No comments: