verse of the day

Tuesday 3 October 2023

But there are restrictions ( 1 John 5 v 14) 2

 We continue on looking at prayer,I started of  telling you that someone prayed for my healing,'receive your healing 'she said.as yet it has not happened ,one may ask the question why?,There are a number of reasons why prayer is not answered,and one of the reasons is this,'If we ask anything according to His will,He hears us', (1John 5 v14),in John 14v14  we read ,'You may ask anything in my name,and I will do it',yes He will ,if it be His will.John Stott tells us that 5 v14 'underlines and explains the restrictions the Lord Himself placed on asking. It must be according to His will'.  The lady who prayed for my healing did not bring that it into it.Again John Stott comments,''Prayer is not an attempt to get God to see things my way and to extract from Him what I  have decided or want. Prayer is submitting my will to His'.We hear  false prophets shout ,' in the name of Jesus be healed',and those they pray for are not.It is very sad because they are exploiting the vulnerable not caring to give them an answer,they are no better that scam callers,they take the money and run. They are even more brazen for they do it openly.There are other reasons why God will not answers our prayers , if their sin in our lives. ( Psalm 66 v 18)Also God may also say ,not now,Abraham was given a promise of a child but it did not come immediately,likewise Daniel's prayers were not answered immediately (Daniel 10 v 12 -13 )


No comments: