verse of the day

Saturday 21 October 2023

I love you. ( Galatians 2 v 20 )

 I was praying ,and I found myself saying,' I'm your Billy', and I am His Billy, I am not just one of the crowd,no,for my relationship with God my heavenly Father is very personal. What applies to me applies to every child  God,you are His Liz,Sam,and so on.I recently met up with a cousin,and it was a good while since I saw him,and I said,'and you are?' ,it was Brian.I do not know why it is but many of us old people have  a problem remembering peoples names. But not so with God he never forgets His children's names, in fact He never forgets us in anyway, we not just a number to Him,we are His children.It is the apostle of  love who declares, 'See what great love the Father has lavished on us,that we should be called the children of God! and that is what we are'. (1 John 3 v1 ) It is the blight of some family relationships that the parents have a favourite, such was the case of Jacob,and what animosity that created within that family. Consider the words of Peter spoken to gentiles,I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right.'  (Acts 10 v34 - 35 )And so when I said in my prayer ,''I am your Billy,'' I can imagine God would reply,'You are my Billy, and I love you, and I love all my Children.


'

No comments: